Dr. Philip Kroll
Practicing in Ventura since 1986
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in Biology, Loyola Marymount University, 1982
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), University of Southern California, 1986
- Master of Science in Geriatric Dentistry and Oral Medicine, USC, 2017
Dr. Kroll is a native Californian, born and raised in Northridge. While in his teens, he realized dentistry was the perfect career that would blend his social nature with his love for science and his natural dexterity.
Dr. Kroll graduated in 1982 from Loyola Marymount University (LMU) where he played water polo and earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology. Dr. Kroll began practicing dentistry in Ventura after earning his Doctor of Dental Surgery at the University of Southern California (USC) in 1986.
Dr. Kroll has served as an adjunct professor at UCLA School of Dentistry for over a decade. His focus is on bite engineering and implant biomechanics, teaching graduate dentists at the Center for Aesthetic Dentistry as a part of their two-year residency program. Dr. Kroll also teaches these topics to practicing dentists at The California Implant Institute in San Diego.
Dr. Kroll resides in Ventura, CA with his wife Cathy, a Ventura travel agent. Together they have three children — his eldest, Dr. Stephanie Kroll, works alongside him as a dentist, and his youngest daughter and son are pursing careers in Veterinary Medicine and Business. In his spare time, Dr. Kroll enjoys surfing, swimming, maintaining his black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and listening to Jazz and Classical music.
Academic Awards & Activities:
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry: Honor achieved by less that 1% of dentists globally
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry: Honor achieved by less than 5% of dentists globally
- Honored Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry: A distinguished award for professional, clinical, and research endeavors contributing to the field of implant dentistry: Honor achieved by less than 100 dentists globally
- President for the Western US American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Trustee for the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Lecturer and Course Director of Occlusion UCLA Center for Esthetic Dentistry
- Course Director and Instructor for The California Implant Institute