While many things have changed over the past few months, our commitment to your health and safety has remained constant. Patient safety and infection control have always been top priorities in our practice, and these processes ensure that your dental care is safe for you, our team, and our community.
We have always followed the infection control recommendations made by CDC, OSHA, CDPH, VCPH and ADA, and we have remained up-to-date with their new guidance in light of COVID-19. As a result, you will likely notice some changes at your next visit as we implement these updated screening, infection control, and social distancing protocols.
We’d like to highlight just a few of the many changes we have implemented for your health and safety:
• Our team will be communicating with you multiple times prior to your virtual and in-office visits as a part of our COVID-19 screening program.
• You will be asked to complete two COVID-19 screening questionnaires: one when you schedule your visit and one on the same day of your visit upon your arrival to the office. We will send you links to both of these questionnaires via email or text message.
• If there are concerns with questionnaire responses regarding your symptoms, potential COVID-19 exposure, or recent travel, our team will be contacting you to discuss further. We may recommend that your appointment be rescheduled following a negative COVID-19 test result or after a 14-day quarantine period with active symptom monitoring.
• We will continue to utilize teledentistry services to perform COVID-19 screening, assess your dental needs remotely, and determine next treatment steps prior to your in-office visits for treatment.
• We ask that all patients come to their visits alone, with the exception of a parent or caregiver for minors or other individuals with special needs. All patients and patient escorts will be required to complete COVID-19 screening questionnaires before their arrival to the office and wear a mask while in the office.
• We will ask you to text or call us upon your arrival to the office instead of coming directly into the reception area so we can send you the same-day COVID-19 questionnaire.
• While you are in the office, we ask that you wear a mask and perform hand hygiene with provided hand-sanitizer when you enter the office.
• We have implemented hand and respiratory hygiene stations throughout the office for your use as needed. We have also installed glass and plexiglass barriers in our reception area and HEPA air filters in each of our treatment rooms for increased safety.
• We will be scheduling appointments to accommodate for effective social distancing and thorough disinfecting and sanitizing procedures between patients. As we will be scheduling a greater time between patient visits to allow for these procedures, you may be offered fewer appointment time options in a given day.
• We will be dressed differently during your treatment, utilizing a variety of PPE to ensure the highest degree of safety is provided to you and our team. It will take us a bit longer to don our PPE once you have arrived, so we appreciate your patience with us during your visit.
Due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are continuously updating and modifying our policies to ensure your safety throughout the pandemic. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this dynamic time as we are all adapting to COVID-19 changes. As always, please feel free to reach out to us with your questions and concerns via phone call or text at (805) 643-7516 or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for being a part of our dental family. We are so excited to see you, and we look forward to serving you again!
Hours: Monday to Thursday from 8am to 5pm | Office: (805) 643-7516